Whole30 (attempt) 2.14

Day 14 

I've been at it for two weeks and this second week has seemingly gone by a lot faster than the first. 

I was reading a few blogs where they decided to quit Whole30 around the half-way point. These writers noted exhaustion, lack of variety with foods, the expense of buying food that was not processed the time it took to buy and prepare said foods. Although, many of these blogger were already health food life-stylists; they lived a relatively healthy lifestyle through their consumption—financially and with food. I would have to agree with the expense in buying food.

No, I am not quitting the Whole30. In fact, I'm still excited to continue as I am noticing a difference with inflammation. But it is not cheap. Since I am keeping fairly detailed track of my expenses, I need to note, at (approximately) the halfway point I have spent $270.28 in groceries. 

Meal Schedule

Breakfast

Coffee - Black + cinnamon

Egg
Bacon
Potato

Lunch

Chicken Salad**
Spinach
Banana

Snack

Meat Stick
Banana Almond Bar

Dinner

Porkchop
Sweet Potato Fries
Bell Peppers*
Tomatoes*
Grapes*

*From the garden
**Leftovers

Groceries

  • Sweet Potatoes
  • Bananas
  • Spaghetti Squash
I spent a total of $7.42 and received a rebate total of $.17 from Ibotta (referral link).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Imperfect Produce: A Review

My First Whole30 Fail

Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries