Whole30 (attempt) 2.15

Day 15 

Halfway through!

I woke up today with a slight headache that took all morning to dissipate. It left me a bit sluggish and cranky through the morning.

Meal Schedule

Breakfast

Coffee - Black + cinnamon

Egg
Potato
Bacon

Dinner

Chicken Salad
Spinach

Snack

Apple
Plantain Chips
Salsa


*From the garden
**Leftovers

Todays schedule was a bit wild. I went from meeting to meeting only to stop back for a quick dinner. Got back home in time to help the kid finish a school project. I didn't realize until dinner that I missed out on lunch! This is very easy for me to do and I used to do it all the time just to get work done. And when I say all the time, I mean for years I have done that.

I used to regularly skip out on lunch while going to school. Since I had nearly an hour and a half commute both ways, it made sense for me to want to get the day over with quicker. I would pack a snack when I remembered but it was never really mindful eating. It typically consisted of me munching while I worked on a project, staring at my computer. 

Groceries


  • Clementines
  • Ground Beef
  • Marinara Sauce

This shopping trip was to pick up classroom snacks (not listed) and more ingredients for spaghetti squash that I wanted to make tonight but ended up being way too busy (thankful for having already prepped some chicken). Since I was in a rush I didn't have time to try and count the clementines while I was there and decided grabbing 2 bags was a simpler move. I honestly didn't expect to spend as much as I did and I still forgot dog food. So, I'll be heading back again sometime this week.

I spent $36.87 on Whole30 compliant items and received a rebate of $.10 from Ibotta (referral link).


Non-Scale Victory

10,000 Steps

For 2 whole weeks I have achieved my new daily step goal of 10,000 steps. Working from a computer most of the day definitely makes it difficult to do very many steps during the day. Working from home seems to make it harder. I love the convenience of everything I need being within a few steps of where I am but now I have to find creative ways to add extra steps in my day. So far I have been able to by making sure I get up every hour to walk around. Many times my walk around include picking up little things around the house, emptying the dishwasher, walking around outside and giving the dogs a bit of attention. The latter also lets me get some natural light.

0 days eating out

I have yet to eat out for any meal for this whole reset. Every single meal (with the exception of some shared meals) has been made in my kitchen. I don't think I have done that since I tried out veganism over a decade ago.

15 days of a clean kitchen

Okay, relatively clean kitchen. Even with cooking at home everyday, I have been able to keep my kitchen relatively clean. I am by no means an ultra tidy person. I usually have an energy limit that I have to live by which means I usually needed to choose going to bed earlier over wiping down the stove. Needing to reach my step goal + wanting to keep a clean kitchen has led me to keep up with both. Having a clean kitchen has also made cooking at home tons more convenient.

< Day 14  | Day 16 >

Follow



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Imperfect Produce: A Review

My First Whole30 Fail

Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries