Imperfect Produce: A Review








I received a referral code for Imperfect Produce while soliciting people's favorite subscription boxes in a social media post. After about a whole 10 minutes of looking over the site and viewing prices, I had chosen the small, organic box delivered every other week.

To clarify what making a decision in 10 minutes of looking into a product means—you have to understand—I still have stuff in any given online shopping cart for a week before I either commit or delete it.

So, it delivered at the end of the week (that just happens to be when they deliver to my area). I was sent an "oops" email saying that they were not able to add the Organic Pears and Mandarins and would be crediting me according to how much they would have cost me as well as the delivery fee (I guess I forgot there would be one?). But then this email made me realize, I had forgotten to get online during their selection process window to pick out what I actually wanted in my box. My anxiety peaked. What if there were a ton of vegetables I don't know how to cook? What if it was all random gourds?

A little over 4 hours later, I received a text message letting me know, "It should arrive in around 3 minutes. Track your driver here:" with a link to a map of Carsyn's (they list the name of the driver) vehicle in relation to my house. This is pretty helpful so I can predict the timing of my dog's territorial barking.

Carsyn left it exactly as I instructed, "Next to the front door." And I only mention that because there is an option to leave delivery notes (I think it was a required step when signing up but I can't completely recall). So, 5 out of 5 stars for Carsyn.


This box doesn't show up in a taped up "Prime" box with an excessive amount of packing material to fill the void the fruit can't. It is actually fairly exposed to all of the elements and if I had not brought it in quickly, the squirrels could have fit their little bodies into the opening and squeezed out with a belly full of apple.


Now I need some recipes for ginger and sweet potatoes.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First Whole30 Fail

Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries