Whole30 (attempt) 2.01

Day 1

Meal Schedule

Disclaimer: These are real people meals (Hi, I'm Real People). Although I have held a restaurant jobs, I am not a chef. My cooking style is something like: I can follow recipe directions (most of the time) but also I prioritize simplicity.

My Lunch and dinner turned out differently than I had planned. I was going to have pesto chicken but alas, I didn't think I had all of the ingredients.

Breakfast

Coffee - Black
Egg - Overmedium
Potato - Hashed browns
Tomato - Sliced*

Lunch

Spinach
Tomato*
Chicken Breast Tenderloin - Pan fried

Snack

Banana

Dinner

Chicken Sausage
Carrots
Pine nuts - oven roasted and salted at home

*These are the heavenly tomatoes from the neighbor. They were extremely juicy.

Grocery Shopping

  • Pine Nuts
  • Apples
  • Pear
I call them piƱon but the grocery store doesn't. Even with another trip to the grocery store today, I still missed a few ingredients to make pesto. I'll probably pick them up tomorrow and hopefully make it tomorrow night. If not, I'll come up with my own recipe.

The apples and pear are the fruits the kid picked out but I'll end up sharing.

I spent $8.88. I used Ibotta (I may get money if you sign up using this link) to scan my receipt for a $.25 rebate.

Non-Scale Victories (NSV)

I know it's only day one but I have to appreciate the motivation I have for this Whole30 reset.

Made my bed

Okay, I love when my bed is made. You might think that would motivate me to make it more—and it's not like a have a ton of decorative pillows that take forever to arrange. I just don't do it as often...for whatever reason. But when I do, it feels so much easier to unwind for the day. Clean room; clean mind.

Cleaned the kitchen

Another clean room! So, I had not unpacked all of my kitchen supplies because I haven't finished my small kitchen make-over. This project still isn't completely done but it's done enough and I needed more counter space for prep. Now I have more!
< Prep    |    Day 02 >

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Imperfect Produce: A Review

My First Whole30 Fail

Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries