My First Whole30 Fail

Photo by Igor Ovsyannykov/Unsplash


I had my first fail yesterday and I ain't even [that] mad. Though, I am feeling completely bloated. Here's my excuse/reason/whatever-you-wanna-call-it:

I am sitting at work, minding my own business when a group of co-workers walk in and invite me down to have my pick at left over – catered – Mexican food. I had just finished my lunch of garlic shrimp with red bell peppers I had prepped the night before (it was delicious and filling) and I let them know. One of the women reminded me I could take it home to feed the kid-o. So, I trotted along side them chatting, enjoying the time away from my desk until we got to this hall way of heaven. This was AUTHENTIC Mexican food. I took a paper plate and added a piece of delicious smelling chicken breast next to a pile of colorful potato medley that in my mind I knew my child would scoff at. I took a pre-portioned tortilla covered in foil as it was passed to me. There were plates and bowls of so much more food; it was overwhelming. As I was trying to leave I was handed a quart of refried beans in a ziploc bag. I knew the kid would at least eat this. I took it and headed back to my desk.

I truly was satiated as I didn't even nibble at the food before I added it to the shared mini fridge in the office which definitely had more food than the one at home so I knew getting this food was a good choice.

Fast forward a few hours, I got in my car, buckled up, and pulled out... the individually wrapped tortilla. I split it in half for my kid and I, and was immediately disappointed. I am not a fan of the thin, stretchy, flour tortillas.

Fast forward a whole commute, we arrived at home, warmed up the food and split the portion. Lo and behold, the kid didn't like the potato medley. It was good. I was immediately bloated.

Good news, I am back to my Whole30 shenanigans. I shopped at 3 stores today and prepped 2 meals for the week (including one that is kid approved). And now I will be adding an additional day onto the end of my Whole30. I guess that would make it Whole-ish31?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Imperfect Produce: A Review

Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries